up2date Error [Was: Re: New fedora-release in rawhide]

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 29 17:27:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:52, William Hooper wrote:
> > Arrrgh.  New error.  When I try to install multiple RPMs from
> > /var/spool/up2date by hand (having downloaded them by way of up2date and
> > failing), RPM hangs with the following error:
> > "error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
> > error: open of HTML failed: No such file or directory
> > error: open of PUBLIC failed: No such file or directory"
> >
> > This occurs specifically with the bash and redhat-config-network packages.
>
> If you open up those files with a text editor you will find they are
> webpages (most likely 404 errors).  Try downloading again.

Furthermore, you can do:

  rpm -K --nosignature /path/to/*.rpm | grep "NOT OK"

...to find any errant fubar'd files. There is a small chance sometimes
(can you tell it happened to me also?) that you can get a truncated
package, depending on exactly when and with what mirror you happen to
play download roulette. :-)
--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>