Up2Date still having problems...

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 29 19:42:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 14:24, William Hooper wrote:
> Looking in the archives gives the indication that at least for the first
> FC release it was planned to have a RHN channel for errata.  I don't know
> if that has changed or not.

It might be interesting here to note that RHN had channels for FC-0.93
and FC-0.94 (under one name or another), but none for FC-0.95 -- this
was obviated by the availability of the HTTP rawhide yum repo. In any
case, I would call all this conjecture moot because as long as one can
rsync the updates and create the yum headers oneself, there's no point
in expecting Red Hat to fill that need. Certainly many other intrepid
and charitable folks already have and will continue to do so. Once
again, they've given us all the tools we need to take up the banner, so
to speak.
--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>