Wireless

David Zakar david at zakar.com
Thu Oct 30 06:05:06 UTC 2003

Alright:
1. Get to the command line. Use 'su -l' to give yourself root. Type
"iwconfig" and "ifconfig". Examine the output :). If the interface is
not ethX (ie, you've got wlan0 from the card), it's not going to be able
to be configured by RedHat's tools, _I THINK_. I had this issue with my
Atmel USB device - fortunately, the driver let me make the interface
eth1 instead of wlan0 with a module insert-time flag.

2. ATI has binary drivers for the Radeon 9000 that you may want to use.
Go to ATI's website and grab 'em. The maximum resolution problem is
tricky to resolve - could be a lack of the resolution in the screen
block, or bad refresh rate settings for your monitor.

3. No idea about the sound. What does lspci tell you about your sound
device?

-DMZ

David Zakar <david at zakar.com>