Problems recompiling 2.4.22-1.2088.nptl

Fernando Álvarez-Uría fernando.alvarez-uria at ya.com
Fri Oct 31 03:01:41 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Ive been testing Fedora Test3 in my laptop computer, and in my desktop
pc, and i have found it a great distro.

However, im having some trubles with acpi in the laptop.

Linux 2.4.22-1.2088.nptl ships acpi devices compiled as modules.
Whenever i try to modprobe battery.o, for example, i get:

battery.o: No such device

It happens the same modprobing ac, button, thermal, ...
If i try to recompile the kernel, only changing the acpi devices to "y"
(which works great using 2.4.22-8 with acpi patch from acpi.sf.net), i get:

ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
(CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE).
ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
(CONFIG_ZLIB_DEFLATE).

Ive tried running make oldconfig, and using config from
/boot/config-2.4.22-1.2088.nptl

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thank you.

--