Duplicate or create ISO from CD (Was: Why xcdroast and not gcombust?)

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Mon Sep 1 13:59:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 07:38, Steve Bergman wrote:
> I just created a CD from an iso, erased it and turned it into a music
> CD, erased that created a regular data CD.  All very simple and very
> well integrated with the rest of the desktop.  And the user doesn't have
> to know anything about DAO, TAO, Burn-Free, etc.
>
> Anyone who needs more than this is probably going to be comfortable with
> xcdroast, or have their own personal favorite already, I suppose.
>
> I have a couple of end users who will be delighted when I show them this
> tomorrow.

The only thing I see missing is the ability to duplicate both data and
music CDs. XCDRoast will duplicate data CDs. I would love to be able to
backup my music CDs to something like an ISO Image. I have children who
still get into my music collection and use my CDs for everything from
Barbie tables to flying saucers... <smile>

If someone can help with this, I would appreciate it a lot.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,