A security issue about the Gnome authorized applet

肇 鑫 hutigers at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:31:01 UTC 2003

Today I use a common user account login, then I change the login screen
setting in system-settings:/// with root password. I logoff then to see the
new login screen. Then I login again with the same common user account
mentioned just now.When I get in to Gnome again, I notice that the
authorize applet, which icon is two yellow keys, is still there.
So I think maybe something on security issue. I think I should not see the
authorize applet , since I have already logoffed just now. And I think we
must change it.
After all, the applet quit after some period of time. However, I still
think it should not appear when I re-login as soon as I logoff.