[qmail questions]

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 3 20:59:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Balint Cristian wrote:

>Just an Q:
>
>	Is there an reason (legal,strategical) why qmail was not added
>or why cant be added for future ? or too much MTAs is too much :)
>someone want exim somewan want qmail.
>	I think qmail is best, has a lot of plugins etc etc.

qmail license does not allow for changes to the binary and di. Red Hat
may not patch the code and distribute it. It may also not be possible to
distribute it in any form but tar ball.. but that could be an urban
legend.

Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058
Ta-03 SM-261  MailStop P208 DP 17U  Los Alamos, NM 87545