up2date -d doesn't handle updated up2date rpms well

nosp nosp at xades.com
Sat Sep 6 09:17:23 UTC 2003

Hi,

   up2date --nox -d -u gets itself into a loop if up2date updates are
downloaded.  It seems to be thinking: 1) download all new rpms; 2) check
for updated versions of up2date; 3) if up2date updates are present,
prepare to restart after installing up2date; 4) install up2date unless
"-d" has been specified; 5) regardless of #4 completing, because of #3,
goto #1.

As you can see, "-d" causes a loop with this logic that up2date can't
break out of.  I have observed this today on my severn box.  Wanted to
check that this wasn't a problem on my end or other misunderstanding on
my part before filing a bug.  Am I overlooking something?

Martin