Severn kernel

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Sep 6 13:16:03 UTC 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 03:04:18PM +0200, F?liciano Matias wrote:
 > Now, my day to day system is severn with kernel-2.4.22...
 > The system work very well. Better than RH9.
 > Perhaps Gnome 2.4 use less memory or there are some features in the new
 > kernel that improve the overall performance when there are many I/O ?

Could be a number of things.

Since the kernel that was shipped with Severn (let alone Shrike),
this update has been the first, which means that mainline moved quite
a bit, so you could be seeing subtle VM/block layer improvements, but
as well as baseline updates, pretty much all the other 'major' patches,
ntpl, exec-sheild etc also got significant updates, so it could be
attributed to quite a few things, or a sum of the whole.

 > Great job. Many thanks.

Thanks for the feedback.  Here's hoping it continues to please..

		Dave

--
 Dave Jones     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk