RH10 multimedia support

Joe joe at tmsusa.com
Sun Sep 7 00:24:42 UTC 2003

Joseph Phillips wrote:

>One of the worst experiences for me was trying to setup mplayer on RH9. It
>still doesn't work right. I get skins errors, and the codecs didn't get
>setup right, and I had lib problems when compiling from source. Just a plain
>pain in the butt.

hmm - I just downloaded the rpms from freshrpms.net - installed with no
problems and have been watching dvds, quicktime and divx movies ever
since...

Maybe I just have it down to a drill, I dunno - still, I'd probably be
willing to pay a decent price for a distro that took care of all that
sort of stuff -

Joe