up2date problems with aspell and xemacs-el

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Sep 7 23:01:16 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 01:47:55PM -0600, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

> The db4 locking hang has been fixed for quite some time in Severn and
> rpm.org. I do not know the inside political reasons why Red Hat hasnt
> issued the fix as an errata..

I used a version from rpm.org on RH9 installation. Indeed db4 locking
seems to be ok, usually, but for a change 'rpm --rebuilddb'
ends up with an error.  I do not have that machine around so I cannot
quote.  Fortunately 'LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.5 rpm --rebuilddb'
saves the situation. So it seems that the fix is not really
complete.

   Michal