*critical* bug in gdm-2.4.4.0-2 from rawhide?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 8 20:58:06 UTC 2003

On September 8, 2003 04:16 pm, Jean Francois Martinez Jean Francois Martinez
<jfm512 at free.fr> wrote:
> Most likely and unbeknown to you you were using the US keyboard when
> you installed Severn.  It happens to me when I ask for install in
> American and later for a french keyboard.  The keyboard is changed
> for the text console but not for the anaconda GUI then so when I
> type the password at install time I get a "foobQr" when what I typed
> was "foobAr".  Solution is easy: do an install in the canadian
> language.  :-)
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 04:47, Elton Woo wrote:
> > I have now re-installed the Severn beta *twice*. What has happened is
> > that after installing the latest updates from rawhide (to 06 Sep. 03), I
> > cannot re-login. The GDM would complain that either an incorrect

hmm... you may have point there. However, I always select CANADIAN
English as the default when installing, and the keyboard *is* US ... NOT
a (Canadian) bilingual one. I have no problems logging in, _until  I
upgrade_ to gdm-2.4.4.0-2.m I've been able to verify this *twice* on
my system, hence, I made a point of NOT upgrading to this version.

But by your description *you* encounter this problem _before_ updating
the gdm package? ... or has anyone else, besides myself come across
this behavoir (after the rawhide update)?

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.