Opinions about MAXIMUM_PARTS crippling in util-linux-2.11r-miscfixes.patch

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Tue Sep 9 17:54:00 UTC 2003

Hi James,

> > This means you would also have to introduce a
> > variable maximum_parts to use in equations.
> >
> Sounds like that is fairly doable.  I might have time this week to look into
> this.

 Yes, but for personal use it is just as easy to just revert MAXIMUM_PARTS
to 60. I don't expect such a patch to be accepted upstream, since with
MAXIMUM_PARTS being 60 there is no use for it. And I don't expect Red Hat
to accept the patch either since they obviously believe 16 partitions per
disk is sufficient. So the effort to make such a patch seems rather futile.
Not that I am going to stop you though :) .

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!