Severn installation failure

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 14 19:28:29 UTC 2003

On September 14, 2003 03:17 pm, Ron Cordell Ron Cordell
<roncordell at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I attempted to install RH 9.0.93 (Severn) on a machine here today, but the
> installation failed almost at the end of installing the files. The error
> message was that the installer had encountered a critical failure and could
> not proceed, forcing me to reboot.

> have other OSes loaded on this box, but I was installing to a separate hard
> drive, so I am able to boot another Linux instance and manipulate the HD.
> Also, the severn beta CD boots OK, but Anaconda dies.
... just wondering: after downloading, did you run md5sums against the iso
images *before* burning the CD's?
... is there sufficcient room on the hd (*INCLUDING* space for temp files)?
(The readme on Disk 1 will give you the requirements for disk space).
When you boot with Disk 1 does it get as far as where you can select to
verify the media, and, if so, have you done this?

HTH...

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.