Numlock

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 18:55:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 13:38, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> Hi
> Is it not about time that GNOME supports the numlock key?
> KDE has supported it since ver. 2.
>
> When i try to install it in X, i use a program called Xnumlock.
> But Xnumlock does not work in redhat 9, so I think it is a god idea
> finally to get normal Numlock support under GNOME (without the
> Xnumlock patch).
>
> Are there any plans for that in the final release?

789456123

Huh?
					Owen

P.S. If you disabled XKB on your system, an entirely unsupported,
     unwarranted and evil thing to do, then you may find GTK+-2.2.4
     better than the 2.2.2 that shipped with Severn.

     And get rid of Xnumlock. I dont' know what it does, but it
     can't be anything good. Numlock works perfectly fine without
     running any extra programs.