XFS ?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 16 17:40:49 UTC 2003

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 07:15:18PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 18:56, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Install support in the form of xfs aware anaconda?
>
> Most of the installer support should be there aside from missing the
> utilities and kernel module.  I merged the SGI patches long ago :)

That sounds great, and the current severn and rawhide kernels already
support xfs 1.2. So only mkfs.xfs from xfsprogs is missing for a xfs
based install, or not?

I have patched the latest rawhide kernel to XFS 1.3.0 and have built
uptodate xfs userland tools for rawhide (including updated attr/acl
bits). Would you consider XFS support in the installer?

While I have already built the mentioned rpms, I will only have time
to test them in the first half of October.

Anyone wishing to help testing please contact me.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de