options to kernel? - to prevent pcmcia lockup

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 01:08:47 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:02:28PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
 > I am still having issues with the kernel locking up on the pcmcia
 > modules. What is the kernel option to disable pcmcia? What should be put
 > into the grub.conf file?

This *might* be related to ACPI interrupt routing issues.
(Yes, even though it was disabled in recent kernels, it was still
 being used for some things *sigh*).
I just committed a large set of patches against the ACPI IRQ routing
code, which may solve your problems in kernel 2051 and above.

If you could give this a try, that would be appreciated.

		Dave

--
 Dave Jones     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk