hwbrowser

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Sep 18 15:50:32 UTC 2003

A word of caution.

You run the risk of making the functions supported inaccessible to
persons with disabilities. Because so much of the GUI in Linux is, and
will be for some time, inaccessible, not having a text way to cope, can
take the outstanding accessibility of the console, out.

Should anyone care? Besides the ethical reasons of our vaunted
opensource inclusivity, there's the matter of commercial interest for
anyone selling systems to the Feds, and other entities where
accessibility is a selection criterion.

Just a thought in hope of enlarging the scope of criteria governing your
decision matrix.