swsusp

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 21 20:34:19 UTC 2003

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 03:03:46PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 13:55, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > thanks for the patches. Do these include the bridging patches to acpi
> > and/or laptop-mode (e.g. what swsusp calls options)?
>
> Umm... I only did the 8-whole and the 9-incremental patches. I didn't
> add anything else to them that wasnt in those patchsets.

These bridging patches are not in these patchsets, probably because
the interacting subsystem is not in the vanilla kernel. Therefore they
are offered as "options":

http://swsusp.sourceforge.net/options.html

As far as I can tell only acpi and laptop-mode are relevant to the
current rawhide kernel and of these the acpi option patch seems to
offer further functionality, while the laptop-mode seems to be more
critical.

Would you like to have a look into the laptop-mode patchup? I found
the option patches in the swsusp-1.1-rc3-2.4.21 tarball. Still have to
verify the xfs option patch with the Author and the XFS developers.

Thanks!
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de