OK, so it's the Fedora Project, but is it still called Red Hat Linux?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 22:45:38 UTC 2003

> Here I go obsessing with naming again, but it is an important point as
> some folk do have to prepare docs and such which include the name.  So,
> now we know that it is the Fedora project, but is it going to be Fedora
> Linux now?  Or is it still going to be Red Hat Linux as developed by the
> Fedora project?  Is the Red Hat logo going to be gone from the GNOME
> menu or what?

It is the Fedora Project. The core part of it is Fedora Core. We have
proposed names for various categories of additional stuff, including
externally maintained projects. One reason for it not being ".. Linux" is
that someone might come along and build a version with a FreeBSD kernel,
or ERoS based or other things.

We hope to have the full trademark guideline stuff up ASAP, which I guess
is the precise version of what you need ?