MS USB InteliMouse goes to sleep?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 23 02:19:14 UTC 2003

On September 22, 2003 04:38 pm, Tommy McNeely Tommy McNeely
<tommy.mcneely at sun.com> wrote:
> Recently, after some unknown period of idle time, my mouse appears to
> go to sleep... I can still see a faint red light underneath, like it
> does when its still, but clicks dont work and it doesnt move either...
> I have to unplug it and plug it back in for the OS to detect and then
> it ligts up normally and works. (note that also the light at the bottom
> on the top (hard to explain) goes dark when it goes to sleep... not
> sure if this is happening to anyone else, or if yet another crappy
> microsoft product is just making my life difficult :)

Hang on a moment!  ... lately I've been having a similar problem
with my Logitech (USB) optical wheel mouse. There are times
the pointer would freeze, or I would not be able to do anything
with mouse clicks, *or* the wheel... The only workaround is for
me to uplug it from the hub, and then plug it in again.

I hadn't mentioned this before, as I had intended to post a
*query* to the list asking if anyone would think the mouse
was failing, but now that I see your message I'm not alone with
this problem.

The latest patches, etc , have been applied via the beta channel
and up2date.

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.