What are consequences of "merger necessitates removal of ...

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Tue Sep 23 09:30:14 UTC 2003

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > If the issue is mp3 support, you can just hop over to freshrpms.net
> > and get it there.
>
> Or watch out for a repository that adheres to Fedora's packaging
> guidelines.

You seem to imply that freshrpms.net won't follow them... I've always
followed Red Hat's own practicises (as a lack of policies or guidelines),
and will continue following them, as that is a key element to clean
integration and compatibility.

BTW, just as a side note : What is currently known as Red Hat Linux doesn't
"adhere to Fedora's packaging guidelines" either. Time now to actually make
the "merge" happen in order to clean this all up, and I won't be the only
one participating and needed to adapt.

Matthias

 running Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.16 0.17 0.17