A plea to the persistent top posters.

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 17:36:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 11:50, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> Of note, the default setting in Ximian Evolution is for top-posting.
> Anyone know how to change the default for that?

I've been using Evolution for quite some time now, and while it does
place the cursor at the top of the email by default, it is trivial to
scroll the reply down and type at the bottom. Like I'm doing right now.

Its a courtesy thing. Its the difference between holding the door for
that extra second, and letting it go immediately so it hits the person
behind you. Sure, you can argue that the door should be smart and auto
sense the presence of that second person and hold itself open, but is it
really that hard to just hold it open for an extra second?

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley