Planning for Redhat Upgrades

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Wed Sep 24 15:04:40 UTC 2003

Gordon Ewasiuk wrote:
> Severn scares the hell out of me...in it's current form. I've installed it
> on a couple of testbeds...sluggish performance, lockups during boot
> not the acpi issue), X locking up at different places...the list is growing
> longer by the day. These testbeds have run RHL9 flawlessly.

Did you run the beta isos in the past? I'm my narrow and limited
experience I don't think the first iso set in this phase is outside of
expected behavior using first iso sets in previous betas phases as a
benchmark.  The fact that RHL9 runs flawlessly for you is a testament to
the effort put forth through the entire beta process leading up to rhl9,
we are just getting to round 2 of this beta phase...too soon to pass
judgements this time around. Just make sure yer ever longer list of
issues makes it into bugzilla sooner rather than later.

-jef"Beta's are like a dance...you take one step backwards...to take two
steps forward...its the Beta Cha-Cha"spaleta