Installation on Dell D500 Latitude failed via ftp.

Zdenek SUTR Kaminski sutr at valachian-labs.com
Fri Sep 26 11:30:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

 I have installed severn-beta1 without any problems via ftp with using
floppy disks bootdisk.img and drvnet.img on $Subject.

 But in severn-beta2:

* in lilo promtp I type "linux text"
* then I choose "Czech" (and in 2nd instalation "English")
* keyboard: cz-lat2 (us)
* installation method: "FTP"
* On "no driver found" screen I see, that I have tree choices:
  "Select driver" or "Use a driver disk" or "Back"

  +  When I select "select driver" I see "no driver were found to manualy
     insert." Then I select choice "Load driver disk" and installation
     process write on display: "install exited abnormally -- received
     signal 11, sending termination signals done ....... you may safely
     reboot your system"

  +  When I select "Use a driver disk", then installation process is
     ending with previous error.

How can You help me please and how can I help You with this problem?

--
Bc. Zdenek Kaminski <sutr at valachian-labs.com>

IPv6 router homepage: http://www.liberouter.org/
Key: 0xD7315488
Key fingerprint: 3CB0 8108 CB76 446E 2895 AF33 9B3A 851B D731 5488