More 0.94 issues

Joe joe at tmsusa.com
Fri Sep 26 18:09:06 UTC 2003

Andre Robatino wrote:

>  First, I downloaded the ISOs, checked the md5 sums against the MD5SUM file,
>and checked the signature of the MD5SUM file itself.  Then, after burning
>the CDs, I checked the md5 sums on the CDs themselves with the dd command.
>Everything was fine.  Then, after bringing the CDs home and running the
>mediacheck, the first CD failed, the second passed, and the third failed.
>So I downloaded the ISOs at home, and burned new copies at home, after
>checking the ISO md5 sums again.  Upon doing the mediacheck, the exact same
>CDs failed.  I decided to gamble that the problem was in the mediacheck
>program, rather than the CDs themselves.

I have also been stuck at the mediacheck - I burned the CDs just as I
have been burning for years, with the cdrecord program, using the same
box as I had burned all my psyche, phoebe, shrike, and severn1 CDs.

No matter what I try, CD #1 and #3 fail mediacheck, CD #2 passes - so I
have a nice pile of severn2 CD #1s.

I am assuming the mediacheck is brain damaged and will move on with the
install, more later.

Joe