test2 initial reactions

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Sep 27 11:47:13 UTC 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 11:15 am, John Alexander Thacker wrote:
> This would be fine except that, after an upgrade from RHL 9,
> redhat-config-packges still seems to think that RHL 9 is installed instead
> of Fedora Core 0.94.  That is, the packages and groups it lists as choices
> to add are still those of RHL 9, including removed packages like LPRng.
> (This also leads to things like package groups being listed as "not
> installed" due to the removal of packages like libunicode-devel.)

This is due to the versioning of the comps package.  RHL9's version is 9.0;
Fedora Core 0.94 has a comps version of 0.94.  So rpm -Uvh --oldpackage comps
(it is on disc 1, IIRC) and it at least shows the right packages.  However,
redhat-config-packages still won't work right for me; I insert disc 1 like it
wants and it doesn't recognize it as disc 1.  Although redhat-config-packages
appears to still be a work-in-progress: no preferences are working, sources
is hardwired at ALL, etc.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology