[OT] SO 7?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sat Sep 27 22:42:12 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 14:39, Joe wrote:

> > Has Panu tried OO 1.1?  That starts up VERY fast for my.  I also just
> > installed StarOffice 7 and that sucker starts up even faster.  SO7
> > starts in about 4-5 seconds on a P4 1.7GHz with 512MB.  Not too bad IMO.
>
> If I could find SO 7 I'd buy it - but the staroffice.com site seems to
> know nothing about it - what am I missing?

I have SO7 (Eval version) installed on Severn2. I downloaded it from Sun
at http://www.sun.com/staroffice and it works just fine.

I had OOo 1.1rc4 installed before on Severn1. Performance between the
two is almost identical - e.g. I have NOT seen any noticeable difference
in performance or load times between SO7/Severn2 and OOo 1.1rc4/Severn1.
There are small differences in the logos and where the menus appear.
That's about all though.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,