Fedora Core: initial encounter (RH doesn't like my machine??)

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 28 15:54:29 UTC 2003

On September 28, 2003 10:52 am, Michel Alexandre Salim <Michel Alexandre Salim
<salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk>> wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 01:01, Elton Woo wrote:
> > Bittorrent was *disappointingly slooooow*. I could have latched
> > on to a mirror and gotten the three CD's much faster using
> > mozilla.
>
> You use *Mozilla* instead of a proper FTP client or a downloader like
> wget to download ISOs? Wow. You must have a really reliable connection

I'm on cable, and in addition, I usually pick one of the European or
Far East sites when the ones in the West are busy. With moz, I'd have
gotten all three CD's within (at most) 3 1/2 hours, compared to about
5 hours with Bittorrent (ver 3.2).

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.