[Fwd: Re: Fedora: low mem warning with 512 MB!]

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 28 16:41:11 UTC 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Fedora: low mem warning with 512 MB!
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:52:32 -0400
From: Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com

Yes it is -- I believe I originally reported this problem some time ago
during Beta 1. I was working with Red Hat on a solution for it, but I
fell behind and got tied up with other matters. My fault. There is a
possible fix for it available through the Bugzilla (I've forgotten the
number), but I'm not sure whether I applied it properly.

Your problem happens to me also in Fedora Test, while installing on a
Sony Vaio PCG-F350 notebook. I simply clicked 'cancel' (or was it
'ignore'?) at the prompt warning me that memory is low. (The installer
thinks I have a negative amount of memory.) I did not allow the
installer to change the partition table at that point. Then the
installation simply proceeded, without any apparrent problem.

Bob