OT: touchpad with scrolling capabilities

Santiago Erquicia erqu0001 at d.umn.edu
Sun Sep 28 17:39:16 UTC 2003

Paul Nasrat wrote:

>If you are not seeing this in Fedora you might be intrested in a driver
>that might go into Fedora Extras for Cambridge timescale is the
>synaptics touchpad driver that can provide lots of extra functionality
>for touchpads:
>
>http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/

I didn't know about this driver (and I don't know if my touchpad is
compatible with it, in windowsXP it appears as Alps Pointer Device).

The functionality the driver you said is:

    Features

    * Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and speed.
    * Button events through short touching of the touchpad.
    * Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad.
    * Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the
      touchpad.
    * Middle and right button events on the upper and lower corner of
      the touchpad.
    * Vertical scrolling (button four and five events) through moving
      the finger on the right side of the touchpad.
    * The up/down button sends button four/five events.
    * Horizontal scrolling (button six and seven events) through moving
      the finger on the lower side of the touchpad.
    * The multi-buttons send button four/five events, and six/seven
      events for horizontal scrolling.
    * Adjustable finger detection.
    * Multifinger taps: two finger for middle button and three finger
      for right button events. (Needs hardware support. Not all models
      implement this feature.)
    * Run-time configuration using shared memory. This means you can
      change parameter settings without restarting the X server.

Vertical and horizontal scrolling was exactly what I was trying to say.

Thank you