Dual boot FC2T2 and WinXP?

Randy L Schrickel randysch at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 13:57:12 UTC 2004

Markku Kolkka wrote:

> I just noticed that after installing Fedora Core 2 test 2 I can't
> boot into Windows XP anymore. The installer detected the Windows
> partition, and grub.conf contains the correct entry. This worked
> correctly in FC1 and FC2test1, what could be the problem? The
> installer complained about partition alignment, is that related?

Works for me. I have grub on the boot sector of my Linux disk, and use
the XP bootloader on the primary disk. So I pick Linux from the the XP
boot menu, which takes me to the grub menu.... Are you doing it that
way or using grub as your main loader?

Though maybe not booting into Windows could be considered a feature? ;-)

randy