Useability question

Joel Grimes joel at stirlingbridge.com
Fri Apr 2 19:38:34 UTC 2004

This is such a glaring omission that I'm SURE i'm wrong about this, but
erring in favor of new users here...

There is no obvious way to install new software in FC2.

Without knowing to use "rpm -i...."  how would a user ever install an
RPM that they download?

If I want to install an rpm that is NOT on the original FC CD's, how
would I go about it?

1.  I could try double clicking on it, but the file type isn't
associated with any application - so the most obvious solution fails.
2.  Go to the control panel and use the Add Software feature, but as far
as I can tell, that only lets you install software that was on the
original ISO's

I think I've been through the menu's pretty thoroughly, but i can find
no way to install an rpm.  (btw, whatever happened to gnorpm?)