FC2test1: XFree86

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Fri Apr 2 23:55:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 08:35 +0200, nyook wrote:

> Can it be that I may have unintentionally/accidentally updated something
> XFree86-related from another repository which is icompatible to
> FC2test1? (I sometimes use apt-get with the freshrpms repository
> enabled, but for regular updates I use up2date with rawhide)

Most likely you have not yet updated to the xorg-x11 released packages
which obselete (replace) XFree86 entirely.  Search the list for lots of
helpful tips on doing this (unsubscribe link at bottom leads to search
archives).

In short:
yum install xorg-x11*
or download all the packages and install them directly (rpm -i).
--
"The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)

Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com (lmorgul)