Dependency problems

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Apr 3 00:43:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:28 -0500, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Trying to update today gives the following dependency problems:
>
> Package dvgrab needs libdv.so.2, this is not available.
> Package pwlib needs libdv.so.2, this is not available.
> Package xemacs needs libRKC.so.1.2, this is not available.
> Package xemacs needs libcanna.so.1.2, this is not available.
> Package ethereal needs libpcap.so.0.8.1, this is not available.
> Package ethereal-gnome needs libpcap.so.0.8.1, this is not available.
>
> Not sure if this is a mirror-sync problem or goes back to the source.
> Had a lot more similar errors before a major update this morning.
> I'm using mirror.hiwaay.net - anyone else seeing similar problems.
>
> Phil

dvgrab, pwlib, xemacs, ethreal are not yet rebuilt to use the newer libs
listed (that are being removed when the updated version is installed).
Until they are updated skip updating those libs (Canna-libs, libpcap,
libdv).
--
"The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)

Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com (lmorgul)