SELinux configuration (was:Re: Proposal: Discourage rpmbuild --sign)

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 18:08:01 UTC 2004

Toshio <toshio tiki-lounge com> wrote Toshio <toshio tiki-lounge com>:
> This whole thing sounds very powerful, very flexible, and very complicated,
> from the learning curve point of view.

Something like redhat-configure-selinux? I hope so, but I'd like to see some
better documentation on SELinux at the same time.

This document should also talk about how to diagnose problems as being SELinux
caused or not. setenforce 1 doesn't seem to cover all bases. For instance, I
try to run user management from the gnome panel, and it doesn't run. setenforce
makes no difference, but I still have my suspiciouns this is caused by SELinux.

Perhaps a text-based tool that just asks you a set of questions would be the
best right now because it could be produced quickly.

All I know is: I'm confused about what's going on with the new SELinux changes :-)