library links

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Sat Apr 3 20:47:02 UTC 2004

Researching my own issue:

>From the shared library how to at
http://www.linux.se/doc/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

"Therefore, ldconfig makes no assumptions about what you want programs
to link to, so installers must specifically modify symbolic links to
update what the linker will use for a library."

Maybe a trivial issue for the package maintainer?  Or I had a problem
during installation of the rpm on my system.  Does the link from
/usr/lib/libasound.so to the versioned library exist on other peoples
systems who have alsa-lib-1.0.3a-1 installed?

Thanks
Brent.