SSH in/out extremely slow(PAINFUL) FC2

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 4 14:04:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 07:06:02PM -0500, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:06:02 -0500
> From: "Charles R. Anderson" <cra at WPI.EDU>
> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: SSH in/out extremely slow(PAINFUL) FC2
>
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 04:01:30PM -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
> > Interesting followup on this one.
> >
> > Ping is returning a time of 15ms with is within tolerance of another
> > machine sitting on the same physical and logical network.
>
> What speed/duplex is eth0 negotiated to?
>
> /sbin/ethtool eth0
>
> Does that match what the switch port negotiated to?

Snoop on the wire and look for retransmitted packets.

I recently found that my little hub does not like FullDuplex
at high bandwidth.

Use mii-tool to change what your card  advertises to the hub.
First check and log what it is now then change it.
  # mii-tool
  eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-HD, link ok
  eth1: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link ok

You might have to unplug count to twenty and replug (I did not).

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l