FC2 test 2 and wireless?

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Mon Apr 5 19:55:32 UTC 2004

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the reply.  I just tested a couple high powered (200mw) 802.11b
PC Card's (in a Gateway 200ARC notebook) and here's what I found:

SMC2532W-B - Every time FC2 test 2 boots, the hardware manager comes up and
says that this card has been "removed."  I've tried "Do Nothing" and also
"Remove Configuration" on different boots and the card is never detected
properly as far as I can tell.  If I remove the card and plug it back in
while the system is running, nothing happens.

Senao 2511CD Plus EXT2 - Works fine, whether the card is plugged in before
boot or plugged in while system is running.  Orinoco driver is used.

Strange thing is, I think both of these cards use the same chipset?  They
both work fine in other distros, so possibly something bad/buggy is going on
with the SMC2532W-B in FC2 test 2.  I'm not that great with Linux though, so
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this for a meaningful bug report.

Mark