Please turn SELinux off by default (was: Re: Howto turn off selinux? ) (Douglas Furlong)

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Apr 5 21:47:52 UTC 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 17:16, Brian Bober wrote:
> Douglas Furlong wrote:
> > The main reason this is turned on by default is to increase the amount
> > of testing it receives before going mainstream in to a non test
>
> I agree with this, and as its mentioned on the front page, testers
> shouldn't complain. As for Core 2 final release, I don't think that there
> has been enough testing, along with enough documentation, and any
> configuration tools to have it enabled by default.

I plan to run selinux enforcing=1 on my systems regardless of the default.
But I can understand that this may not be appropriate for many users ... just
yet.

However, I don't believe that it should be disabled.  Instead, run selinux in
permissive mode by default if it still is not ready for prime time (mostly
dealing with policy not the code).

But, I believe that it is a bit early to make the call as to what the default
will be in FC2-final.  Lets see how FC2-test3 looks.  I would also be
comforable with slipping the final just a bit more and have FC2-test4 if that
would really improve the chances of the default being enforcing=1 in the
final.
--
Gene