New updates (from 4/5) causing problem getting into gnome

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 10:26:40 UTC 2004

Fred New wrote:
> The policy-1.9.2-10 package installs /etc/security/selinux/policy.16 as
> "policy.".  Did you rename policy. to policy.16?  If not, try that.
>
> Fred New

Tried that, and what happened was I got avc errors and dropped down to system
recovery mode on boot before it got to non-interactive startup. Then I did:

mount -o rw,remount /dev/hda2 /
fixfiles relabel

And after that, I got all the way to X, but then got an error so X exited
before Gnome, so I did another "fixfiles relabel" and I was back to where I
could see the gnome splash screen but it didn't get farther.

Therefore, I turned selinux back off (selinx=0 kernel param) and got in fine.