Fedora newbie questions

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 01:49:18 UTC 2004

Hello list,

I have installed Fedora FC2 (via a network, I was bitten by the no-boot CD
bug) and have some questions.

1. Is there a Fedora Wiki or other documentation source? Fedora.redhat.com
didn't provide much useful on first blush. I'm open to corrections...

2. My install gave me a Gnome desktop. I prefer KDE. I used yum to update my
system, but "yum install kde" failed...does Fedora/yum support metapackages?
How can I install kdm/kde?

I'm a long-time Linux user and used RH exclusively until V6 or so, when I
switched to Debian.

Thanks

Jeff Elkins