CDROM Boot Image insanity

Sessoms, Mack zac9 at cdc.gov
Wed Apr 7 10:58:14 UTC 2004

It is strange in that the cd's I made from the original isos work on 7
different models of compaq but wouldn't work on my whitebox amd.  I
followed Michael Doppler's post and it worked for my whitebox amd.
Still works on the compaqs too.  Here is Michael's post:

For those of you who have problems booting FC2 test2: I got it working by
recreating the iso image using the following steps:

1. Copy the files from FC2 test2 CD1 to a temporary directory:
        cp -a /mnt/CD1mntpoint /tmp/FC2test2

2. Create a new CD1 iso image:
        cd /tmp/FC2test2
        mkisofs -v -r -T -J -V 'Fedora Core 1.91 CD 1' -b
isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size
20 -boot-info-table -l -R -o /tmp/FC2test2-CD1.iso .

3. Burn the new iso image /tmp/FC2test2-CD1.iso and boot from it.

Greets,
Michael