selinux breaks fish/sftp in konqueror?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 7 15:01:54 UTC 2004

shmuel siegel wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 17:07, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>

>>shmuel siegel wrote:

>>>I am running with SELINUX=disabled in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
>>>ls -Z says that I need a Selinux kernel
>>>getenforce says disabled
>>>
>>>so far nothing strange. However when I run up2date and it actually does
>>>something, I get about a thousand invalid context messages from
>>>/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts. What is happening? How do I correct
>>>this?
>>>

>>That sounds like a bug in rpm.  RPM should be checking if SELinux is
>>enabled and then ignoring those
>>errors.
>>
>>Bugzilla it.
>>
>>Dan
>>

>It is ignoring those errors, in the sense that the update works. But
>what is generating them in the first place? Should I bugzilla it anyway?

Yes RPM is checking to see if the contents of
/etc/security/selinux/file_context for
each file installed, and the kernel is telling rpm it has no idea what
it is talking about and
rpm is reporting this as an error (Warning actually).  So RPM should be
doing a check
to is_selinux_enabled() before trying to assign context.

Dan