strange dependencies.

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Wed Apr 7 16:09:48 UTC 2004

Earlier I documented my attempts to remove anything qt related from my
desktop

        [root at localhost dmus]# apt-get remove qt
        Reading Package Lists... Done
        Building Dependency Tree... Done
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
          OpenAL arts arts-devel chromium control-center gnome-applets
        gnome-media
          gnome-session gnome-volume-manager gstreamer-player
          gstreamer-player-nautilus gstreamer-plugins
        gstreamer-plugins-audio
          gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio gstreamer-plugins-extra-dvd
          gstreamer-plugins-extra-video kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeartwork
        kdebase
          kdegraphics kdelibs kdemultimedia kdenetwork kdepim kdeutils
          kernel-source#2.6.4-1.305 nautilus-media qt qt-designer
        qt-devel qtparted
          rhythmbox rss-glx totem xine xine-lib
        0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 37 removed and 1 not upgraded.
        Need to get 0B of archives.
        After unpacking 495MB disk space will be freed.
        Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
        Abort.

I think these dependencies need to be looked into. it is certainly
improved from the last time, but I still do not expect any gnome related
app to have any qt dependency. This time I think it has to do with
gstreamer or gnome-media. Hope someone is looking here.