Unreliable booting and frequent lockups

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 02:41:07 UTC 2004

Is it just me or are others experiencing problems booting and having
lockups?

I have updated every day and am currently up-to-date with the
development tree.  Each time I boot, the system behaves differently.  It
will hang on some problem, even have a kernel panic and then on the next
boot get to login just fine.

After running for a while, the mouse will freeze.  Sometimes killing X
(ctrl-alt-backspace) will get me back, but other times I have to hit the
hardware reset.  I finally get frustrated and return to FC1 which is
rock solid, so I don't think I have any lurking hardware issues.

Are any others having this type of operation with FC2 T2?  I have
SELinux disabled because I couldn't get many things I wanted to try
working with it enabled.

Gerry