Easy WORKAROUND for CDROM Boot Image insanity

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Thu Apr 8 20:38:33 UTC 2004

sean bruno wrote:
> I am going to attempt to reconstruct the ISO image of FC2T2 and replace
> the isolinux.bin(syslinux) with the one from FC1 and see if it works.

That is exactly my schedule for Saturday ;-)
I will use the isolinux.bin from boot.iso. I keep you posted!

> I have found that different CDROM drives handle the ISO differently at
> this point.

Any idea if this could be an issue of the age of the CDROM drives ?
i.e. the manufacturers changed something secretly ?
My CDROM drive is pretty old, installed in a P3/433 celeron...

Cheers,
Hannes.