Gnome panel still giving me a headache

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 09:26:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've searched around, removed likely stuff and put it back as well, but
still can't get the applets on the right hands side of my panel bar to
launch/start up when logging in.

In temp, I have my orbit-paul directory. There are two bonobo files in
there (one is a lock) and pile of 0 byte size files. What are these?

I've looked in .gconf, .gconfd and the .gnome family directories and
can't see anything there. I doubt I would as the problem seems to be for
all users of this system - it therefore has to be something in /tmp or
something in /etc/X11. There are a lot of things in /usr/libexec for the
applets, should these be in there or are they placed there when they're
asked to be placed there?

Help!

TTFN

Paul
--
"Discovery is, in it's essence, a matter of re-arranging or transforming
evidence in such a way that one is enabled to go beyond the evidence so