odd problem

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Fri Apr 9 19:40:40 UTC 2004

I'm having a problem that I can't find any reference too...  basically..
I install fedora on a tablet that already has win xp on it.. the install
goes fine, but after the reboot when I select the kernel to boot in
grub, it doesn't load.  I can see the output from grub where it runs the
root command, and then it runs the kernel command, but after running the
kernel command it just hangs.. the kernel never loads (and grub never
gets to the initrd command).

Has anyone else ever seen this problem?

btw:  I did try using the grub commandline to start, (using tab complete
for the drive and kernel and initrd) so it does actually see the drive,
and the kernel and the initrd image...

---
 Marshall