Log [OK] / [FAILED] stuff (booting after non-interactive startup)

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 20:49:00 UTC 2004

When you are in the part of boot after it says "Press I to enter
non-interactive startup" There are sometimes messages that appear on that that
don't get logged to /var/messages.

Could we have a sysinit.log or something that shows all those stuff? things
like:

Foobaring /etc/fstab     [OK]
Bringing up eth0         [OK]

Now those messages appear inside graphical screen when you click "Show
details". There are messages you can see if you press CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE, but
sometimes messages appear on the actual screen itself like:

Bringing up eth0 .You have flies in your interface card [FAILED]

And I wish those were logged. Maybe they are, and I'm just not finding them.